Pages

Friday, November 5, 2010

Belated Halloween Post

I am behind as usual with just about everything except being a spectacular Momma to my most wonderful son! : )
Halloween was very fun for Mr. Jackson. I had breast augmentation surgery the Monday before Halloween, so he had spent the entire week with his Mamaw and Paw in Jackson Co. while Momma was recovering. Since I still wasn't able to lift him we created a caravan of helpers to aid in this 'lil Pirate's trick-or-treat experience.
We first went to Great Aunt Betty's house. Jackson visits there often in the County and always helps throw the ball for Billy Clyde dog.















We then stopped by Mamaw and Paw's House and got a Reese Cup, He liked chewing on the wrapper more than actually eating the candy and I was just fine with that! It could've been the bright wrapper or maybe the peanut buttery aroma but Reese's were Jackson's favorite for the night.

Of Course he couldn't leave without first playing a tune on the piano!


And a Family photo was definitely in order!




















Later we went to Great Aunt Judy's house where Jackson fell in love with the Harvest trees and picked up more sweet treats! He was very tired by this point and started his very scary Halloween-y growl to let us know that it was time to head home with out sweet bounty and rest for the night!


I felt very lucky to see Family in Jackson County as I make it down there so little these days with school keeping me up to my ears in research papers and Stress. But most importantly I was overjoyed to get to spend this holiday with Jackson; before the surgery I feared that recovery would be much harder than it actually was, and that I might not feel up to even getting out of the bed for Halloween. A week away nearly killed me and hearing his sweet voice on the phone is nothing like having him whisper those sweet nothings directly into your ear.


Things are back to normal now. We have a sweet toddling boy running around the house carrying toys and especially books! He says hot when he sees fire or touches anything warm and seeing his eyes light up with new understanding excites me to no end. I see all the possibilities in my son and I know we are both lucky to have each other.

0 comments: