



Add my laptop to the list....(sigh) My hard drive is gone, along with pictures of Jack's first birthday and my pre-surgery boob pictures. It just wouldn't start this morning and nothing we tried would coax it into cooperating one last time for a transfer of files to the externals. I tell myself every time I have a crash that this is the last time I will be caught with my pants down so to speak, that I will back up every single file I have. And yet I never seem to get around to it. My hope now is that we will be able to send off and get the files extracted by a professional, Boobie shots and all.
The breaker also went a few days ago so I have had no washer or dryer for about 3 days now. To top off this delightful season Jackson and I are both on antibiotics after a doctor visit today. But Jackson is now peacefully resting and as the scene to our left indicates, I am enjoying a small glass of Jim Beam Rye and Ginger Ale (My new favorite drink, You should try it if you haven't.)
The good news is that I am not broken. Well not anymore. Not after I had a good cry and walk in the snow with the most beautifully strong, kind, and patient man that I know. Dave has a way of encouraging me to be happy even when my brain chemistry pulls so hard in every opposite direction, He reminds me that it is perfectly fine to take a deep breath and restart my day as many times as it takes to get it right, today... it took until about 1 am. (I just realized "today" in that last sentence is over. Technically I never did get yesterday right, But today has started out GREAT and I haven't even slept!)
So in light of so many "broken things" I feel it is appropriate to focus on all the things that couldn't be more "unbroken":
1. In spite of 2 very ill participants, our Christmas morning was delightful! Jackson played and played with new toys. His car ramps were definitely his favorite, especially after I showed him that many different objects could be cleverly shot down the ramp. (Pictures might be posted when I get a steady computer for downloading them from my camera.)
2. A new hard drive has been ordered for my laptop.
3. 2 plane tickets destined for Switzerland from May 22nd through June 2nd were purchased today! Our honeymoon destination is official and there are no refunds now.
4. Dave bought what we need to fix the breaker. And I found out that we all have more clothes to wear than I thought and that it is totally possible to go 2 weeks without doing laundry.
4. Dave took it upon himself to buy me a spicy East Indian Snack Mix that is tasty as hell since I am sick and prepare curative chili and bread for us all in the same day. I am going to stop there for fear that this is getting too lovey and sweet.
4 comments:
one of my old computers crashed a few years ago. thankfully Scotty being a computer programmer he knows about computers so he was able to get all my pictures off.
Maybe he could give us some tips on how it is done. It is very frustrating to lose all those memories.
Sorry that things are so broken! But it sounds as though there are many special things to come--namely, the trip to Switzerland! HELL YEAH!
Kayla - That is what I said! I kinda got sick and maybe threw up in my mouth a little bit when I saw the total price, but I know it is totally going to be worth every single penny.
Post a Comment