Pages

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Tantrums

So the kiddo has been walking around crying for what feels like days now. I mean he takes spells where he is just unsettled, nothing is good enough, he eats and plays, but cries at the same time. It is pitiful, but seeing how nothing I do seems to help for long I am ignoring these tantrums and it honestly seems to make them at least shorter. I know, I'm a mean 'ol momma, but Jack should definitely be used to it by now.

I busted my leg wearing these damn weights today and let out a stream of cursing that would make my brother proud (he taught me every conventional, and non-conventional cuss word I know). The problem with these things is that the added weight means added weight when they are slamming into things too, so, on that note I am angrily putting them away for the day.

Christmas is closer. I am excited, at least at the thought of all the wine and egg nog that I get to ingest over the next few days, mostly at others expense, Sweet, I know. I remember the days when suggesting we have alcohol at my mother's house would have resulted in an argument hardly worth the trouble. Her new openness on the issue has made a huge difference in my willingness to drive the 2 hours to her house for a visit. Smart Move Momma!

I guess it is time to prepare; prepare for the quiet evening at home and christmas with my parents tomorrow. Hello, heated coffee, good-bye propped up feet (I think the ankle weights actually lead to more sitting than ass-toning anyway). How many times can you microwave old coffee and still be a reasonable adult?

2 comments:

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Happy Holidays, Amber.

Alcohol makes holidays with family doable. Laugh.

Love,

SB

~Amber Elise~ said...

SB - So very true, I did survive. : )