Yep, it is this very weekend. "It" being our wedding and this "weekend" having snuck up on me. I will be honest and admit that this is exactly what I wanted to happen. There is no sense in stressing for weeks or months about a day. We shouldn't stress at all, but we do.
10 hour layover in Toronto, that is included in our new flight schedule (I must find a good read for this trip). My entire body is peeling because I thought I needed to lay in the tanning bed once for some "evening out." We are instructing everyone to bring mud boots because there wasn't enough time to sow grass on the farm after the bulldozing. I have ordered 3 shirts for Jackson off the internet because no retailer can stock a plain Robin's Egg or Aqua blue t-shirt in size 2t or 18-24 months; I ordered 3 because the first one was the wrong color. We have not written our vows and I have not decided on songs to play at the wedding. WHY do I even need a "cake-cutting" song?!? How long does that take anyway, definitely not the 4 minutes a song will give us. Dave and I came up with some good ones last night, songs that really jive with the couple we are, but we had to admit that most of them were "clearly inappropriate."
Perhaps the largest piece of this stress is the guilt I feel as a mother. Jackson has a cold/allergies/nothing serious, but irritating. Add incoming eye-teeth and this kid is a mess. I find myself struggling to find the balance between doing what I need to as a mother and as a bride-to-be.
Those issues, looming ever closer to my inner mind, seemed like such a big deal yesterday. I cried the first "stress tears" of this whole process. Tears bring quite a release; I had forgotten about that aspect. All that being said, and it was useful to write it all down, I suppose this is going VERY well all things considered.
The next few days are going to be a whirlwind. It would be nice to discuss something other than this wedding, but there is no time. I know that.
Wish me luck folks! Wedding and Honeymoon pictures will be here before we know it !
4 comments:
Whew. I just can't imagine putting together a wedding right now! I know that you are crying, but I can't help but smile despite your tears of stress. You are going to rock this wedding like everything else. :-) Love you.
Love you Too! Your support means a hellava lot right now lady! Thank you :).
I have been thinking of you. Stress tears are, sadly, normal. I had a very small intimate wedding, and I still wigged out and cried.
I wish you all the happiness in the world in your new life as a wife.
Love,
SB
Hang in there! THat is a LOT to do, and you are doing it wonderfully. Very exciting... :)
Post a Comment