Pages

Thursday, December 17, 2009

School is Finally Out!

The fall semester is finally over for me. 3 A's and one class I'm not yet sure about, I did a bang up job considering that Jackson was born smack in the middle of the semester.

Jackson and I finally have some time to just hang out and dance around the house, one that needs a little attention, but my baby is far more important than a clean house. That is one major change in my perspective since becoming a momma. At one point clutter drove me absolutely nuts. Now as long as everyone is fed, clean, and happy my world is rockin'! I think babies are good to put things in perspective in general.

I look at lil Jack Daniel and realize that I love him a little bit more every single day. That overwhelming rush of elation and love that I felt when I first held him is nothing in comparison to how I feel now. I just wish he was a little bigger so that I could squeeze him that much harder ;).

Now that this semester is over it is time for Christmas. We finally put the tree up and Jackson absolutely loves to look at those lights. This weekend we are going to Louisville for Christmas celebrations with Dave's sister and mom. Jackson will get to meet his cousins for the first time, I know he will be excited and maybe a little disturbed to find that he isn't the only precious baby in the world. (I love the way I try to analyze his reactions, I'm probably so off but it totally entertains me.)
Now I'm just rambling to avoid doing something productive with this new found "free" time. I do want to update with some pictures first. I finally caught him in a smile! Turns out he has both my cheek dimples and his daddy's chin dimple! It is the sweetest thing to look at your child and pick out those kind of traits.


The smile that melts my heart!


Laughing. He gets so excited about something and will literally chuckle... sometimes he does this when he is laying in the pack and play by himself, I will think something is wrong, go and look, and he'll just be laughing at the mobile.


Momma's lil' thumb sucker.


Chewing on that hand again. This hand fascination is a new thing he started about a week ago.


Looking at the tree. Giving his hand some love again.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am happy that he has your dimples & Dave's chin dimple...

My grany had 6 kids and 5 of them had her chin dimple... I heard one time that if the dad has the chin dimple and the kid doesnt it means that the kid doesnt belong to him. LOL... So I joke my aunt about being someone elses kid. LMAO!

~Amber Elise~ said...

haha... yea i think Dave would've been a little disturbed if he hadn't had the dimple! NO doubt about who lil Jack Daniel's Daddy is!

Mama Kayla said...

He's so cute and has grown SO much. I can't believe the difference in just a month! <3

~Amber Elise~ said...

I know Kayla! It is insane.... Our babies will be teenagers before we know it. Keeping us up late... Oh me oh my. Loved seeing you guys today!