Pages

Friday, January 29, 2010

And the Beat Goes On and On.

Jackson Daniel keeps growing. He keeps growing while I'm away at school, while I study, while I'm trying to figure out who and where I am in this big, wide world. My parents watch him Monday night so that I can go to lab and when he comes back on Tuesday evening he is often a different baby altogether, making new noises and faces. But that is what babies do. They grow and change and develop in spite of everything else going on around them. And I'm glad for it.

Jackson is 3 months old now going on four months. He really is becoming such a little sweet boy. He laughs, coos, dances (with my help, reggae is his favorite), and he's gaining control of his hands. He now grabs and reaches for things, his little soft babies, my hair, or a necklace, if it's in his way. He wants to talk badly, I know it. He tries very hard and it's the cutest thing to listen to him talk to his "jittery pals" that hang on his bouncer and car seat. He is wearing 3-6 month clothes mostly now and eats 5 ounces every 3-4 hours. He likes his schedules and I do too!

I can't believe what a big part of our lives this little boy is. When he is gone visiting with a grandparent there is an emptiness in the house, maybe it's just the quiet but either way there is a sort of loneliness in it.

2 comments:

Mama Kayla said...

Aw...wittle fella. Is he seriously almost 4 months? Crazy.

bodhisattvaglam said...

they do grow despite everything around them, don't they? i like to think this phenomenon reminds me that no matter what changes are taking place in my life, the world continues to shift and expand around my meager existence.
and i know how you feel about the emptiness when they aren't with you, it's something that i can barely stand. i'm probably raising a sniveling little mama's boy who will never leave my side, but maybe he will turn out ok ;)
jackson is a freaking doll!!!