Jackson Daniel is now a little over 4 months old. From his wellness check we learned that he is 15 and 1/2 pounds, (60th percentile), 25 and 1/4 inches in length, that's over 2 feet (90th percentile), and I believe a whopping 44 1/4 inches in head circumference (90th percentile). They also told me I could start him on some solids, which I thought was supposed to come with the 6th month mark... I did however try some rice cereal with him and he has taken to it quite well.. We are going to stay on that for a while, maybe next month we will try some veggies. He's doing great developmentally: Rolling from side to side, very social, smiling, giggling, babbling like it is his job. Of course after they tell me how perfect he is and what I good job I am doing I hear two of the doctors outside my door saying things to the effect of "That's just stupid, She is a young mother, What can you expect" in reference to us not getting Jackson vaccinated. Yes, I am young, but Stupid is something that I am definitely not. And I don't believe the two always go as a pair. My favorite is how they can say these things and then re-enter my room with smiley un-accusing faces. People can make their judgments, but at the end of the day I am his mother and he is my child and my decisions will be upheld come hell or high water.
Okay. I feel better. : )
Truly, he is growing faster than I could've expected. He is now wearing anything from 3-6 to 6-9 months in clothes and a pair of his 12 month shoes fit. He cries less and smiles more as the days go by and I must say this is to my delight. I now understand why some people don't want to sit next to babies in a restaurant. Fear that they will cry. I hate to say it, but I think we still have some post traumatic stress from the first few months of that seemingly endless crying. I'm sure those memories fade as they are replaced with laughter and words. I am truly blessed,or lucky, however you want to define what happens when life turns out so sweet.

Outside in his bear outfit (A hand-me-down from Kayla and Story) Poor winter baby, He is going to love the summer so much!

Pictures in the morning light are my favorite, and Jackson is so compliant at this time in the day.

Our lil Jack Daniel (a baby shower gift from Kayla) It's going to be sad when he grows out of it : S
5 comments:
hehe He's really so precious. I'll hopefully be seeing him next week!! (Spring break!)
goodness he is a cutie!!! those eyes will surely break hearts :)
are you going on a delayed vaccination schedule? those stupid nurses can go to hell for talking about you that way! my doctor at least had the courtesy to bring in a lot of helpful packets as well as knowledgeable answers to the questions i fired at her. although it's none of my business, i will say that i didn't get jude the rotovirus vaccine and i really regret it. i did a lot of research about the vacc debate and wanted to do a more delayed schedule but they didnt tell me that the rototec had to be given by a certain age. rotovirus is particularly easy to catch in daycares and i don't know if jackson will ever be in daycare, but if he will i would say maybe research the percentages and such of babies that contract it. i'm scared to death now, unfortunately, that jude will somehow get this virus and hope you don't have to worry about the same things!
Thanks you ladies.
Kayla - I will be seeing you Saturday (hopefully) and I just can't wait! It has really been far too long and Lil Jack Daniel has some giggles and high pitched squeals that he has been dying to show you!
Amber - Thanks for the support. I have tried to get a straight answer from them about a delayed schedule. I just think it would be better for his brain development in this critical period if he could do without the aluminum in those things. I looked at all the inserts and couldn't get past all of the ingredients in those things. They make me feel like a delayed schedule isn't really a good option. What do you know about it?? Hopefully Jackson won't have to go to Daycare...Right now i work around school and he has 3 sets of grandparents so it has all worked out. His cousins are in day care and the first had rotovirus.. it is just messy from what i hear and hard on everyone but if he does get it I have no doubt that that wonderfully Breastfed Jude will beat it down! By the way I tried to comment on your blog and it just wouldn't let me...
http://www.mamapedia.com/article/seeking-pediatricians-that-have-mercury-free-immunizations
check out this thread, it talks about most of the issues I had and you have with vaccinations. my doc backed all of this stuff up and yours probably can too. although I didn't do it (and worry that I should have) the vaccines can be broken up I'd your doc is willing to order the seperate vaccs for you for the mmr for instance. the most important thing is to make sure your docs are using the updated merc-free vaccs (mine do, otherwise I would have refused the vaccs for sure) and to also give the vaccs one at a time. if you do that though, make sure to find out age deadlines for them as you may have to make a couple trips per month to get everything done in time. I know that having a crappy pediatrician can make this process a challenge but after weeks of research and talking to anyone I could, I decided that the benefits far outweighed the risks, and though I am still a little concerned about the autism, I try to think positively because even though there is a slight chance of that happening, Ive seen what contracting the diseases I've vaccinated Jude against can do to babies and it's even more terrifying. maybe you should switch docs and see if you can find someone more understanding and encouraging. I hope the article helps, there is also some stuff on the CDC website and pediatrics association homepage that you might be interested in. research the Danish immunization schedule too, that's what my aunt went by. it's a form of a delayed schedule. if you ever wanna talk about all the crazy baby issues, I'd love to. I'm googling like 24 hours a day about various issues/questions lol :)
oh and I'm not sure what's going on with my comments, i've got an HTML-savvy friend working on some issues I'm having my profile though, so hopefully everything will b&w fixed soon!
haha sorry about all the wrong words inserted in that comment, I'm on my phone and I hate predictive text. I'd is usually supposed to be is and b&w is be.
Post a Comment