Thanksgiving was wonderful! It was a break from our daily routines that I know we all needed!
Food, Family, Fun: Jackson used his new molars to chew through turkey, ham, stuffing, pies, yeast rolls, cake, squash, beans, and a number of other tasty treats that I felt absolutely no guilt in letting him or myself indulge. Speaking of molars, Jackson now how a total of 12 teeth! He loves his toothbrush and will pick up and put into his mouth anyone's toothbrush that he finds!
He says "hot" constantly, mainly in reference to food, fire, and anything that is hot; He has it figured out! Lights used to be "hot" but now they are "lights" and "bite" he uses when he feeds the dog. All these words are so cute to hear come from his tiny little mouth and it is fun watching him analyzing the movements of our mouths when putting words together and then his over-exaggerated imitations.
Over Thanksgiving weekend Daddy Dave went out in the woods and cut a cedar tree for me to decorate. I pushed for the fake tree, it is what we always used in my family and I felt a real Christmas tree would be too much trouble. That, and I will be the first to admit that I like the "perfection" that the artificial trees offer, although perfection is something that I have had to let go lately for the sake of my sanity. Okay on to the tree, I am so glad he cut a real one for us!! It smells divine, beautiful, natural, and once I got past the pricks in my hand and arms, I am convinced I will want a real tree each and every year! Needless to say, Jackson loves the tree and the lights and playing with the ornaments which he will gently remove and then try to place back into the tree, I am just glad that "put it back Jack" has finally paid off and now we rarely have to even say it.
I am also surprisingly excited about Santa Claus! I previously didn't really want to observe this tradition for my children, but there is something about having a sweet, curious child around that makes the holidays magical again, and I want to recreate that magic for Jackson. So Santa, has finished much of "his" shopping and simply cannot wait to see the excitement and fun of Christmas morning.
I finally feel caught up with school and with life, and am taking a day to just relax a bit and catch my breath. It has been a great holiday! The best part is that the holidays have just begun!
3 comments:
Jackson rather reminds me of my Owen. In other words- he is darling.
Thank you Ms. Moon. From your pictures and words the only conclusion could be that Owen is definitely a darling child. They are just so much fun at that age, aren't they?
Thanksgiving is the best! :)
Post a Comment