Thursday night we spent a beautiful evening with a lovely couple that just lived and breathed love for one another. Although they had known one another from childhood their lover status is relatively new and refreshing to see in a world where romance often seems to be dead. Retelling the story of how Dave and I met was equaling healing. Over the course of a pregnancy and a 14 month old it is easy to forget all of the amazing circumstances that brought you together. From personal ads on the internet to 13 hour talks on your first date (on which Dave was a perfect gentleman, although all evidence points elsewhere) I just knew then that all of the pain that comes with giving your heart, opening it wide and letting some else in, would be totally worth it with this man. That, if we chose to, we could have a life filled with so much love and joy in light of both commonalities and differences. And then I realized that what I knew then has become my reality, I just needed to step back to see it. And of course homemade pizzas for all to share were incredible as well.
To top off the ending of 2010 Dave and I rang in the new year with more family and friends. Our night swirled with Lemon Drops and "gourmet" pizza. And we laughed and smiled and I looked around me and felt warm and fuzzy and decided that even if it was only the intoxicating effects of all of the alcohol coursing through my veins that this was perf
Laughter - Caught on Camera
Peggy and Jeff
Family - Neighbors - Friends
Understand that we are not typically the night owls - so by 12:00 We felt exactly as tired as we look here.
I didn't write resolutions this year but if I had've it would've been something about finding good in all people, patience in my heart, and seeking positivity and light each and every day. You see, I am not always as positive and cheery as I am at this moment. I struggle and battle daily, moment to moment, with my negatively wired mind. I refuse to let it bring me down. I know that if I break the downward cycle of negativity enough that my brain will heal itself and I can enjoy more moments, more days exactly like this one.
Jackson is home, taking an afternoon nap. He was with Pappy Dan and Mimi for the new year's eve and I know he had a splendid time. His tantrums are getting shorter, my ignoring them worked exceptionally well as he has already realized that breaking down has absolutely no effect on his hardened momma.
Oh my sweet boy, the fun we will have when he wakes.
and the song...It's All Coming Back to Me Now - Celine Dion, I remember belting it out when I was 6 years old or so. It meant nothing to me then, except for feeling so good, so powerful to sing. And that is exactly what it did for me this morning.
Happy New Year to all.
3 comments:
Happy New Year, Amber Elise! Glad you had such a great time over the holiday. I enjoyed the photos.
Love,
SB
I love the laughing picture! Joy! Beautiful girl :)
SB - Glad you enjoyed the pictures, I rarely get around to posting them, but am so glad I did when I look back. And a Happy New Year to you: )
Maggie - Thank you, There is perhaps nothing more beautiful than laughter.
Post a Comment