Jackson is ever-changing. From sweet smiles to screaming rotten, but besides those daily immediate changes, he is developing so fast. Rolling, sitting, eating, reaching, grabbing, pulling, screaming, feeding himself, babbling new things, ... the list just goes on and on.
And I think back to the infant I brought home 6 and a half months ago and I know it is not the same baby. Sure that baby had the potential to be the one he is now, but in that moment, that instance, he was different. And so was I.
I was a bright-eyed new mom, I had this perfect ideal of what life would be like with a baby around, and my paradigm was shattered.
So I am in transit constantly. Adjusting to this developing baby who has different needs on a daily basis. Adjusting to myself, who I have rediscovered multiple times in the past 6 months. I'm kind of overwhelmed. And so I stop looking back.
Jackson is 6 and a half months old and in the 90% percentile in both height and weight! 19.8 pounds and 27 1/2 inches! I tell him that he is just gonna have to learn how to walk if he gets much heavier. I never realized just how weak my upper body was!
I am officially finished with this spring semester. As far as I know I finished with a 4.0. Which looking back may well be a miracle (or a sign of some genius I wasn't aware of). I'm relieved for the break but I am also filled with a sense of loss. School is one of those things now that I do for myself. An outlet for me to be something other than "mama" and house cleaner. An opportunity to be a scholar, and better myself. I really liked the routine of it all. What I also know is that my home needs my attention terribly and so I think this is a good transition for now. Besides, I will have all the opportunities I desire to be a scholar come fall semester ; ).
Since I haven't put pictures up for a while I thought I would update. While pictures can't do this hefty cutie justice, it is almost as good.
The three of us enjoying a warm spring day.
He loves being outside and he loves that stroller.
sitting up like a pro (most of the time).
Park day. I finally found the park in Jessamine County. I don't know why I felt as if it had been hiding from me, but I was very excited to find it. Jackson was super amused with the grass and wind... His hat he really didn't dig much : )
Sunny days at Lake Reba. We got to enjoy the company of Kayla and Story.
1 comments:
He's gorgeous! But you know that already.... :-)
Also. Hang in there. You're going through a rough patch. They come, they go...you learn from them. You'll be better for them. You do well. :-)
Post a Comment