Pages

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

A Working Momma.

Returning to work has been much smoother than I had imagined.

5 am - wake up, shower, dress, try to do so quietly and not wake up the house. Houses have pretty rigid schedules you know.
5:30 am- write a note to Dave, slip out the door, fight with my car that is possessed (I am sure of it now), and leave for work.
6 am the work day starts at Cracker Barrel.

Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. I have found that I actually Like this schedule. I get home by 1:30 with plenty of time to enjoy the evening and these beautiful days. What I do not like is that this schedule means that Dave and I are "single" (as a mexican lady at our favorite restaurant, El Potrillo, refers to us when we do not bring Jackson with us) from Monday evening until Wednesday evening. He stays with my Parents and Grandparents during that time, nearly 2 hours away. It was the best baby sitting schedule I could come up with and I miss him terribly.

He is learning to do things so quickly. I feel like at some point the development really speeds up and I know I am missing some of it. I also know that I need to work and that I do not want to use day care. It's weird... I always thought I would love being a stay at home momma, but I have found that I definitely do not. I think toooooooo damn much and honestly I don't know how to handle that much thinking time.

Regardless I really feel like Jackson is adjusting well. He loves his grandparents and acts just as excited to see them as he does us, which pleases me. I am glad to see his attachment with them growing and I am reminded that it is exactly the way that families were always meant to be: everyone raising the kids together and helping one another. I know that the strong relationships that Jackson is building with his extended family will be more beneficial than me personally witnessing every developmental milestone, and with this thought comes peace and calm to my mind~

2 comments:

Mama Kayla said...

We talked about this today.

I will never understand how being a Mommy has put the silliest of worries in my head. But I have the rest of my life trying to learn that the small things truly don't matter.

It's easier said than done, isn't it?

~Amber Elise~ said...

We did : )

Much easier said than done... I know all the right things to do in order to maintain sanity and yet I find them very hard to actually do sometimes!